Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter: A Little Bit About the Bunny, A lot About Our Savior

Happy Easter! This is a day late but who cares. haha I had a great Easter Sunday! I went home for church, enjoyed the nice sunny weather and ate lunch on our back porch, and had dinner with my whole family and some of our extended family. My mom is so sweet and still gives me an easter basket! I got a shirt and sweater from Forever 21 and some easter candy! Even a chocolate bunny!
This Easter my Pastor really got me thinking about Easter and what it really means. I realized I hadn't thought about this a ton before. Easter has always been this fun, springy holiday that I enjoyed with my family. But for me and whoever else celebrates the true meaning of this holiday we must remember that it isn't about the bunny, eggs, and cute easter baskets you get. (Even though I love this part about Easter.) It is truly about our Savior Jesus Christ and how he died for us to save our sins. How he couldn't be contained by the grave and rose to heaven and lives eternally there. We must remember this. As that is the greatest gift we could ever receive.
Sorry to get all religious on you just thought I would reflect a little. For those of you who don't celebrate the religious part of this holiday, hope you had a great spring day!

Easter Baskets


Mom's Bunny Cake! (Sorry its sideways)

No comments: