Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Its Just A Dream

WOW… I am a Hillcrest High School graduate. Many times I can’t believe it I feel as if I am floating in a dream. The whole graduation ceremony seemed like a dream. I couldn’t believe it that I was actually there graduating in my white robe that represents Hillcrest. Taking pictures with my friends all in their robes, all with our honor cords or other things that we have earned in the past years. Walking inside the E Center waiting for the ceremony to start. Walking in to a packed stadium filled with everyone’s friends and family. Listening to speeches and music that were inspiring and filled with hope. Almost crying but not quite because of being in shock. Walking up with my row to get my picture taken, hand over my card with my name on it, get my name announced, receive multiple congratulations, my diploma cover, many hand shakes, and another picture. Then walking back down to sit with my row, moving my tassel to the other side, and then throwing my hat up into the air. Walking out of the stadium not believing that it is over, turning in my gown, getting my actual diploma, and then going out to greet my family and friends.

Afterwards we headed to the cheesecake factory but after eating I felt kind-of sick. At first I was worried that I was going to miss grad night. I went home got ready for grad night anyways and then left. I picked up my friend and we headed to the sports mall where it was held. There I played tennis, Wally ball, got many pictures taken in the photo booth, watched people play minute to win it, ate, and just hung out with all of my great friends. It was an awesome night! I seemed more alive for that part of the night and not so much in the dream state that I was in earlier that evening. After partying it up I went home at 4:30 in the morning and slept till like 12:30 in the afternoon. It was weird to wake up the next day and believe what had happened.

I love my graduating class of 2010 and I am so glad that I had the opportunity to be apart of the class. I will miss everybody but I know we all have bright futures ahead of us and amazing things will be accomplished. I hope my path crosses with many of them in the future and I hope to hear of all their accomplishments!

CLASS OF 2010, WE DID IT!!!

1 comment:

Whitney Baum said...

woot woot! yes we did!