Monday, June 21, 2010

First Day Of Summer

Its officially the first day of Summer! While school has been out for awhile and I have definately gotten into a more summertime sort of groove I can now say that it is summer! These are some things that I definately want to do this summer:
  • Read as many books as possible
  • Go to Lagoon and Seven Peaks as much as possible because I have a season pass to both places
  • Do some Yoga and Stretch and Strengthen Classes
  • Go to the Sandy Ampitheater for some plays and concerts
  •  Go to other concerts
  • Scrapbook
  • Hang with as many people as possible before college
  • Have the Peruvian Park Reunion
  • Hopefully go to my aunts house with a friend for a long weekend
  • Go to Wolf Creek
  • Go to Snowbird
  • Celebrate my grandpa's 90th birthday
  • Watch shooting stars
  • Watch fireworks
  • See Fireflies
  • Swing
  • Watch a movie outside
  • Have a picnic
  • Watch a sunrise and a sunset
  • Dance in the rain
  • Spend all day long somewhere with a good friend
There are many more things to list but this is just a taste of what I want my summer to be like.
Sumertime is finally here
That old ballpark, man, is back in gear
Out on 49
Man I can see the lights

School's out and the nights roll in
Man, just like a long lost friend
You ain't seen in awhile
And can't help but smile

And it's two bare feet on the dashboard
Young love in an old Ford
Cheap shades and a tattoo
And a Yoo-hoo bottle on the floorboard

Perfect song on the radio
Sing along cause its one we know
Its a smile, Its a kiss
Its a sip of wine, its Summertime
Sweet Summertime




1 comment:

Whitney Baum said...

woot woot... lots of lagoon!!!