Thursday, August 26, 2010

So much more than what I thought

I have been living at Westminster for almost a week now and things are very interesting. Some things are better than others. Orientation week was fun and I meet lots of new people and about 5 of them I think are my new group of friends that I will be spending a lot of time with at Westminster. My classes so far are good and I think I will really like all my professors and learn a lot from them and a lot from my other peers in my classes.
 Some not so good things are where I am living. My roommate is a nice girl and I know she tried super hard to get here but she does things that I would never in a million years do. Like get high and drink a ton and so forth. I want to change roommates but you have to go through this whole process to do it  and my roommate would probably get super mad at me. I also wish I was in a different dorm building. I have friends in Hogel and it is such a better dorm with more friendly people. I guess I will just have to see how things play out from here. Maybe I will change at the semester. 
One cool thing I did today was in my English class we wrote poem type of things here is mine although I didn't quite finish: 
I am from apple trees from swing sets and sandboxes. 
I am from the small town of a bigger city. 
I am from the bunk beds that my sister and I slept in, where we would listen to books on tape and talk till we fell asleep. 
I am from a house that is on an wide open park with many different trails. 
I am from adventures and hikes up and down the mountains, with games and skiing and many stories that I can still remember. 
I 'm from school yards and making long lasting friendships. From hard work and making new connections. 

Thats what I have so far and I just wrote it as things came to mind. 
Sorry for the rant, I just had to get a lot of that off my chest. 
Gotta keep pushing through. 
xoxo ~ Audrey 

4 comments:

Emilee said...

aud are you serious? you're roommate is really like that? i had NO idea. she was really sweet and way friendly. i mean i guess she can still be those things but still thats crazy hahah.. not you at all :) i love you aud! let me know if oyu need anything.

Ali said...

Audrey,
Wow, I am so sorry to hear about your roomie... she clearly isn't your type!!! You are soo awesome though; maybe you'll rub off on her a bit?! Keep being you and don't get discouraged...I'm sure things will get better. Good luck, girl!
P.S. Beautiful poetry!

Audrey said...

Thanks guys. You guys are awesome! I hope you are both doing great and thanks for the encouraging things. I hope things will get better. You guys are great friends!

Whitney Baum said...

You are amazing and i'm so sorry your roommate is like that! This is why you should have come to SUU! But you will find amazing friends and maybe you'll rub off on your roommate! keep your head up! I love you so much! :)